Thursday, August 13, 2020

Water! Water!

Oh ... my goodness. These babies are getting so gorgeous. Five weeks old on Sunday. They grow so fast! They are doing really well outside with the cage separating them from the adults, who often come up and check on them and cluck at them. So cute. They always act like they have never had water in their lives! Every time I give them fresh water, several times a day!, they swarm the bowls! They have 2 bowls; one in each front corner.

I have added two more water stations today! I got these galvanized pans at the hardware store. They are actually oil pans! They are perfect. I will be getting many more! I just don't like the ones I got at Tractor Supply for the chickens and goats. They have too many seams that can fail and cause leaks. I like that these are molded in one piece. I can't wait to get rid of the little plastic ones, too. They were drawers from the old fridge! I don't like using plastic, as a rule, anyway. And, I finally got a stiff brush, so I can clean all the pans and buckets, etc. better. I wanted a wooden one with stiff bristles, but couldn't find one today. So, I was stuck getting a plastic one at Dollar General ... I'm still looking, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment