Sunday, August 9, 2020

Outdoors is Better!

The older chicks have been moved outside! They were just too big for the cage they were in, inside the shed. I couldn't keep them clean and their pretty foot feathers were getting damaged. So, out they go! I set up the old puppy playpen (bought in 1988, when Quinn and Gemini - QuinGem - were puppies!) Much better set-up for them until they can free-range with the others. And, they will get to know the adults, safely. Sir Knight was really checking things out while I was setting it up. I think I got his approval. ;) There is a shade on top, now that I am done. And, I can see them from the kitchen window, to check when they need more water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was hard to get individual pics of all of them today. They were so excited to be outside. Running and trying to fly! The first 3 are still keepers and also the third picture up. That one is coloring out nicely.

The younger chicks still number only 4 ... :( The Brahma was the last to hatch. Pic taken on Thursday. He's still wet.

  

Just took this pic - pardon the messies. Haven't changed the bedding, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment