Monday, August 31, 2020

New homes

 A few days ago, I sold Tyrone, the American Blackbelly ram. I miss him. He was a sweetheart. He went to a local farm and has himself some lady friends. So, all's good. It's for the best, as the goats just did not like him and were beating him up too often.

Today, I finally got around to unboxing the 2 new chicken runs, but didn't put them up, yet. I spent most of the morning fighting with the chicken pen that got blown over and killed my hen last month. I hadn't touched it since then. I got the mangled tarp off of it (surprisingly, not really torn up ... so, I'll be using it for something eventually.) I had a heck of a time getting the pen upright. I couldn't get any of the bolts undone the way it had accordianed on itself. So, had to lift and pull the whole thing upright. Sucker was heavy!! Then, I was able to get to all the bolts & brackets, and straighten everything up and then tighten the bolts/brackets back where they all belonged. I'm amazed that only one of the panels has some slightly bent mesh. I raked up all the old hay that was in that area and put a couple bags of pine shavings. Then, it was moving day for the 11 big chicks!! They were having a blast digging in the clean shavings for the food I'd poured on there. There are some really pretty chicks. Still keeping the first 3 in the pics. Same ones I keep saying. They were 7 weeks old, yesterday. The 3 little chicks will be moved to the playpen that the big chicks moved out of sometime this week. Tomorrow, I'm going to get the floor done for the goat shed. Fun times. The chicken runs that I unboxed will get put up next week, most likely.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment