Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A New Coop!

I bought a Cumberland chicken coop at Tractor Supply last week.
I finally had the time to put it together today. I really like it. I hope to get another soon. The chickens were very interested in what I was doing! It took about 2.5 hours to put together.
Tomorrow, I'll get it opened up and set-up for the chickens with hay, etc.
I want to seal it, caulk it, as well as add a few screws in certain spots. It will eventually have cinder blocks around the base.
It has 3 nesting boxes inside, which will help me keep track of eggs once they get used to using it. I usually have to hunt for eggs every evening!
The big pen that the chickens are put up in at night will be moved to surround this (and future) coops. That is a project for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment